Sunday 10 May 2015

Photoblog | Wanderland 2015




It’s been two weeks since Wanderland 2015 so I’ve decided to finally put this blog post up. To those who don’t know, Wanderland is an annual music festival in the Philippines.



Wanderland 2015 was (over) a thousand peso more expensive than Wanderland 2014, and like I told a friend (whom I met at last year’s wanderland), I didn’t really mind the price as Lewis Watson was a part of the lineup and I was so sure that this year would be so much better than last year’s.

I was VERY excited that not even capitalizing the word ‘very’ would express how excited I was because I won passes to meet and greet Youngblood Hawke, The Jungle Giants, Lewis Watson, RAC and Augustana but sadly only made it to The Jungle Giants and Lewis Watson’s. 
I decided to go with a group of new friends I met online (Hi, Wanderbuddies!) since none of my friends were able to go with me. Meeting new people has never been easy for me, but being with my Wanderbuddies made it so easy to love the day. And this may sound like an advert or just really corny but I mean it, lol.

So aside from the music and arts they also had good food stations, and activities which I'm sure were great, too.  Sadly, I didn’t have enough time to participate in any games. Yes, I did enjoy the day despite the dreadful heat, I loved every second of it but (SORRY THERE HAD TO BE A BUT) I couldn’t help but compare it to last year’s. So here goes.

When I got to the venue, I was given a hand fan made by Locally, which was not nearly as good as last year’s hand fans (they had their characters’ heads as hand fans last year). I then continued to walk into the venue and immediately wanted to ask someone if the place was ever actually fully prepared. I didn’t know if the sand was meant to be there to add to the camp-y vibe or if it was there because the place was under construction. I felt like the venue was half empty; maybe it was because there were no “freaks” roaming around (btw, freaks meaning carnival people, not freaks as in epal hehe), no carousels, and no other eye-catching stuff. I was also not too sure about the lineup but maybe that was because I don't know most of the artists. I've actually heard people say Wanderland’s gone hip hop, but if there’s one thing I really really love about Wanderland, it’s that they introduce us to the most amazing musicians out there. Okay, maybe not the most amazing ones but really good ones. Hehe.

So despite me not being the biggest fan of Wanderland2015, I still think people should come next year or the year after that or after that (okay, you get my point, i know) because you get to meet new people, get introduced to good music and get to really enjoy summer without having to jump into the pool (or who knows maybe soon Wanderland will be pool party themed lol). I hope I get to go again and maybe even stay till midnight next year!

I apologize if this is a bit of a read but thanks for reading anyway and onto the photos!

PS Some photos are from Bandwagon and my Wanderbuddies :) 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...